Optimising the skin barrier for a balanced, vibrant complexion
Most skin conditions are driven by two common factors — chronic inflammation and a damaged skin barrier. Many people consider their skin type to be "oily," meaning enough oil is produced to be visible throughout the day. For decades, people were taught to deal with oily skin by using products intended to stop oil production in the skin altogether, often damaging the skin barrier in the process.
The problem with this approach is that the skin uses oil as a form of protection along with an inflammatory response. The more the skin is dried out by these products, the more oil and inflammation will be produced as the skin overcompensates to protect itself — leading to a vicious cycle.
The key to regulating overactive oil glands without creating more injury to the skin is to address inflammatory factors and a damaged barrier using non-irritating products like Epionce. All three powerful Epionce ingredient technologies — Anti-inflammatory, Barrier Repair and Keratolytic — can be used together to help mitigate excess oil in the skin, leading to healthy and balanced skin.
Tips for Oily Skin
• Apply a moisturiser daily; Renewal Lite Facial Lotion addresses triggers of oily skin and provides the right amount of hydration for optimal skin health.
• Avoid harsh ingredients and exfoliating beads or brushes that tear skin and stimulate more inflammation.
• Use sunscreen daily to protect the skin barrier from exposure to additional inflammatory factors.
Epionce Oily Skin Regimes
Cleanse and Prepare
• Lytic Gel Cleanser is a multiple award-winning, invigorating cleanser that removes dead skin cells and excess oil without over drying; antimicrobial
• Purifying Wash deeply cleans acne-prone skin on the face and body without over drying; penetrates pores to control acne blemishes and help prevent new acne blemishes from forming.
• Purifying Toner helps control excessive oil production without over drying; antimicrobial properties.
Correct and Boost
• Lytic Sport Tx is a daily treatment products formulated with anti-inflammatory and keratolytic technology to clean pores, encourage cell turnover and help reduce inflammation; clinically proven to reduce breakouts and signs of ageing.
• Purifying Spot Gel is an award-winning spot treatment clinically proven to rapidly reduce occasional acne breakouts on the face and body.
Renew and Fortify
• Renewal Lite Facial Lotion is a multitasking moisturiser and the lightest Renewal formula; blocks damaging inflammation and strengthens the skin barrier without clogging pores or triggering excess oil production in the skin.
• Intense Defense Serum is clinically proven to help decrease closed comedones; provides additional nutrients the skin cells need for optimum skin barrier health.
Protect and Prevent
If you feel you are suffering with oily skin and would like to find out more about how our Epionce products can help, please book in for a virtual skin consultation with our Aesthetic Therapists.
Book today by filling out our online arrange a consultation form or call 01245 227983